Historically, universal shock absorbers and steering stabilizers have been adapted to fit many applications with minimal tuning. Falcon Shocks rewrites the book on damper development.
Falcon shock absorbers and steering stabilizers are engineered to meet the unique requirements of the JK Wrangler/JKU Wrangler Unlimited. These Jeep-specific steering stabilizers deliver a properly weighted steering feel and consistent bi-directional turning for balanced and controlled side-to-side steering response and an equal return to center dynamics.
Built from the ground up with a focus on fitment and function, the new Wrangler-specific Falcon Nexus EF (Equal Force) Steering Stabilizers deliver the best damping characteristics possible.
After a lengthy and painstaking development process, we have delivered these advanced shocks to the awaiting Jeep market.
VOLUME OPTIMIZED DAMPING
Traditional velocity sensitive steering stabilizers react quickly during low speed turning causing excessive “head toss” on rough terrain. Conventional damping then firms up during faster speeds resulting in inconsistent steering feedback.
Falcon’s proprietary Volume Optimized Damping (VOD) features a digressive linear valve that produces quicker ramp up for a properly weighted steering feel, which improves vehicle feedback and control during low-speed turning. VOD also improves the steering stabilizers’ ability to provide consistent bi-directional turning for balanced and controlled side-to-side steering response.
- JK Wrangler (2-door)
- JKU Wrangler Unlimited (4-door)
- TIE ROD MOUNT: Stock 1-3/8”
- LIFT HEIGHT: 0-6”
- Nexus EF 2.1 Steering Stabilizer
- All necessary hardware
- NEXUS EF 2.1 FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Fixed-rate damping optimized for on- & off-road driving.
- Stock 1-3/8” tie rod mounting clamp
NEXUS EF FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- JK/JKU specific steering stabilizer
- Equal Force (EF) side-to-side resistance for consistent steering wheel response
- Allows for balanced return to center equilibrium
- Maintains smooth movement under extended & rapid turning maneuvers
- Optimized fitment for clearance during full suspension travel & articulation
- OEM style sealed rod end joint mounting provides direct responsiveness
- 6061-T6 aluminum alloy shock body resists wear & protects internal components while providing superior heat dissipation
- Smooth honed internal shock body surface for long term performance
- 2.125” shock body provides optimal performance
- Low-profile body cap optimized for maximum clearance & unobstructed suspension travel
- 5/8” induction hardened chrome plated shaft resists rock damage & corrosion as well as prevents shaft buckling
- No shaft displacement issues (no external reservoir required)
- Maximum shaft diameter allows for more precise tuning
- Hard anodized billet piston
- 1-piece Teflon bronze piston wear band w/ O-ring
- Digressive linear piston & base valve technology
- Inline OGS Oil/Gas Separator prevents cavitation
- Red Line full synthetic shock oil with high viscosity index of 519 for consistent performance across all temperatures & reduced shock fade
- Synthetic formula also contains special anti-wear & lubricity agents for excellent thermal stability
- 1,000-hour salt spray corrosion resistance test on all hardware
- Serviceable & rebuildable (factory serviced)
- Built in-house at the TeraFlex Falcon Shocks Division
- Patent pending design
- 3-year warranty
- NOT compatible w/ TeraFlex High Steer Systems (# 4391000 or # 4390975 or # 4390875).
- The Falcon Nexus EF 2.1 Steering Stabilizer is also available to fit a HD 1-5/8” (42mm) tie rod (# 01-02-21-110-158).
- An adjustable Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 Fast Adjust Steering Stabilizer is also available for the stock 1-3/8” tie rod (# 01-02-22-110-138) or a HD 1-5/8” (42mm) tie rod (# 01-02-21-110-158).